As we approach what we hope is the end of the Ontario lockdown/shutdown/stay-at-home order, we check in with some of the most inspiring travellers we know to see how they’re holding up and what they’re planning for this summer. Lift your spirits with tales of adventure!
In this episode we talk with:
- Martin Lortz about where he’ll be motorcycling when things open up, road conditions on some of Ontario’s best roads, and the upcoming Vroom Zoom with Explorers’ Edge.
- Oliver “Brokentooth” Solaro to hear about his latest (mis)adventure: refurbishing and riding out the rest of the pandemic in a 1973 Alaskan camper. Where he’ll be riding in North America and here in Ontario.
- James “Wobblycat” Bai, who was in Mexico on Friday the 13th of March 2020 (do you remember where you were that day?) and how he had to scramble to get a plane home and leave his bike in Texas.
- “Random” Ryan Tarrant about exploring private camping when the provincial parks are full and his ideas on where to go boating this summer, the little-known places on Georgian Bay, and dreaming of boating in the Lake of the Woods area.
- Neil Lorenzen of the beloved Muddy’s Pit BBQ why his restaurant is pandemic-ready. While indoor dining is nothing like it was, riders still making their way to this Keene, Ontario spot for great takeout. This summer’s menu will include all the standards like ribs and brisket, and pulled pork but they’re always looking to new ways to serve smoked meat with dishes like pit meat jambalaya, smoked baloney, gumbo, and stuffed Jamaican patties (you’ve got to listen to hear what they’re putting in there!). And what’s to come for BBQ culture in Ontario.
You can subscribe on iTunes or copy and paste the RSS Feed into your favourite reader:
or listen right now, right here.
Latest posts by Mike (see all)
- Swift Rapids Lock (Lock #43) on the Trent Severn by PWC - August 10, 2021
- The What A Ride Podcast – Summer Is On! - July 5, 2021
- The What A Ride Podcast – We Will Have a Summer Because We Need a Summer - June 3, 2021